I am a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Delft Blockchain Lab (DBL) of TU Delft, Netherlands. Here, I am working on the security and privacy aspects of the blockchain technology under the supervision of Prof. Zekeriya Erkin and Prof. Stefanie Roos. I received my PhD degree in Brain, Mind, and Computer Science (advisor: Prof. Mauro Conti) from University of Padua, Italy, in 2020. Prior to pursuing PhD, I received MTech degree (advisor: Prof. Manoj Singh Gaur) in Computer Engineering from MNIT Jaipur, India and BTech degree in Information Technology from RTU Kota, India. I have worked in different mainstream areas of research, including distributed ledger technology (blockchain and cryptocurrency), networking (SDN and ICN), and AI (GAN-based password cracking). However, the main theme of my research has always been security and privacy.
- (Invited) Talks
- [I2] "Modern Ransomware in the Bitcoin Playground," BLOCKCHAIN le sfide della sicurezza nell'era di Bitcoin, Padua, Italy, January 31, 2019.
- [I1] "Software Defined Networks: An Overview," International Symposium on Future Internet: Security Issues and Opportunities, Padua, Italy, May 10, 2018.
- [T2] "Risk and Ransomware" (in collaboration with Eireann Leverett and Jurriaan Bremer), 31st FIRST Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland, June 16-21, 2019.
- [T1] "Come to the Dark Side! We have Radical Insurance Groups & Ransomware" (in collaboration with Eireann Leverett), 14th hack.lu, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, October 16-18, 2018.
- Research Visits
- Journals: IEEE TIFS, IEEE TDSC, IEEE TNSM, IEEE TSC, ACM TCPS, IEEE Access, Elsevier COMNET, Springer IJIS.
- Conferences: NDSS '20, ACM ASIACCS '20, ESORICS '20, ACM WiSec '20, IEEE CNS '20, IEEE ISCC '20, ICICS '20, ISC '20, ESORICS '19, WWW '19, ACNS '19, IEEE NFV-SDN '19, IEEE ICC '19 CISS, IEEE ICCE '19, ACM CIKM '18, IEEE NFV-SDN '18, IEEE/ACM ASONAM '18, WISTP '18, IEEE NFV-SDN '17, ICISS '17.
- Workshops: CBT '20 (in conjunction with ESORICS '20), CPS4CIP '20 (in conjunction with ESORICS '20), CPSS '18 (in conjunction with ACM ASIACCS '18), CyberICPS '18 (in conjunction with ESORICS '18), CPS-Sec '18 (in conjunction with IEEE CNS '18), SPA '17 (in conjunction with IEEE CNS '17).
- Web Chair
- August 2020: Our paper "Averages don't Characterise the Heavy Tails of Ransoms" has been accepted at APWG/IEEE eCrime '20.
- June 2020: Our paper "Improving Password Guessing via Representation Learning" has been accepted at IEEE S&P '21.
- April 2020: Our paper "The Road Ahead for Networking: A Survey on ICN-IP Coexistence Solutions" has been accepted for publication in IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials.
- [News archive]